CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

New Office Sept 27 2007

I am so excited about my new office. My husband has taken out walls and windows in our sunroom and re done them so there is only 2 windows, and a sliding door to the backyard for our kids. I am so lucky to have married a carpenter! This has been a work in progress since the summer and I can not wait to move in and be able to work in a quieter room. Currently the kids run through our dining room where unfortunately most of the office stuff is. Yes, they do this even though they have a playroom downstairs. I origionally wanted to add 4 feet onto the sunroom, but it would have taken up alot of time waiting for the cash to do it that way. I drew designs up for it myself and my husband rebuilt it for me! I did venetian plaster on the walls in a sage green color, and we have terra cotta tile down on the floor. I have been staining and polyurethaning the wood trim for the windows and door for the past 2 days. With the 2 good windows instead of 10 storm windows that were already there, it is much cooler in the summer. The first year we moved here I tried to work out there but it was way too hot and had the greenhouse effect really bad. Trying to be out there was not an option in the winter since there was no heat and the glass storm windows let the winter wind inside. I am hoping to have this all done by mid october and have heat all set in there so I can at last be able to hear myself think.

0 comments: